Direct Blast are experts in applying high quality protective coatings for a number of different industrial applications. Call Direct Blast today and protect your equipment with the best protective coatings Perth has to offer.
An industrial protective coating is a paint or coating defined by its protective, rather than its aesthetic properties, although it can provide both.
The most common use of industrial coatings is for corrosion control of steel or concrete. Other functions include intumescent coating for fire resistance. The most common polymers used in industrial coatings are polyurethane, epoxy and moisture cure urethane. Another highly common polymer used in industrial coating is a fluoro polymer. There are many types of industrial coatings including inorganic zinc and phosphate coatings.
Why Choose Direct Blast?
Fastest turn around time on all jobs
Always the best possible price
100% customer satisfaction guaranteed
No Job is too big or small
Protective Coating Services
We clean and prepare the surface before selecting the right coating for the use, environment and maintenance requirements of your equipment. We use the highest quality coatings to ensure your structures look good and resist wear.
- Zinc Coatings
- Epoxy Primers
- Hi-Temp Coatings
- Micaceous Iron Oxide
- Siloxane Coatings
- Non Slip Coating
Industries We Service
At Direct Blast we are fully qualified spray painters for protective coatings with the experience to apply any protective coating specification you may require. If there is no specification to work to Direct Blast will happily design a plan for your needs.
We specialise in protective coatings to the mining industry, painting and salt specification coating.
- Anit Graffiti
- High Temperature Coatings
- Structural Steel
- Tank Lining
Intumescent paint is a form of fire retardant coating that contributes to passive fire fighting. The word intumescent refers to a substance which expands when it becomes subject to extreme high temperatures. Therefore intumescent coatings are effective fire retardants. When the temperature rises during a fire, the coating expands and its density decreases, this results in a foamy char layer. This layer insulates the coated material reducing the destructive effects of the heat.
Increase Workplace Safety
In Australia safety at work is the responsibility of the employer, owner or landlord. They must guarantee the employees’ safety in case of fire. Fire retardant coatings are very effective in preventing damage caused by fire. Intumescent paint does not make the structures fireproof, but it does slow down the burning process. The paint can give up to 120 minutes additional time to evacuate the building. The intumescent products are divided into classes by the additional evacuation time provided by them.
The new SC900 series from Nullifire is the next generation of structural steel fire protection products. Two hour fire protection can be achieved in just one coat in 24 hours instead of 7 days for conventional products.
The SC900 series offers all the performance benefits of thick film 90 and 120 minute water-based intumescent coatings but with the unique benefit of rapid cure technology. Providing significant positive impact on the construction schedule.
Maximise Productive Spraying Time – SC901 and SC902 both cure well in high humidity and in low temperatures, helping to maximise factory productivity or lessen time spent spraying on-site.
Self-Priming – The coatings can be applied directly onto SA2.5 blasted steel, without the need of a primer coat.
- Fast Track Application in a Single Coat – The unique high build nature of both SC901 and SC902 allows the application of sufficient paint to provide 2 hour fire protection in a single coat. With a wet film thickness up to 6.5 mm in a single application, coating times can be reduced by over 60%.
- Versatile Coating Finish – High speed application gives a lightly textured finish. A smooth finish can be achieved by adjusting the amount of thinner content.
- Early Durability – Both SC901 and SC902 are touch dry within 1 hour and fully cured within 8 hours. With best in class construction phase durability, the coating is weather resistant in 1 hour. Good resistance to running and pooling water avoids damage to the freshly completed coating eliminating costly re-coating.
- Speedy Repairs – On-site damage is a reality of busy construction sites or production facilities. With the SC900 series minor repairs can be effected quickly.
Benefits of Intumescent Fire Coatings
Intumescent paint has been subject to constant testing and it has proven to be a game changer in the passive fire prevention. The main benefit of the coating is naturally the ability to withstand fire for longer than ordinary paints. This leads protecting buildings from extensive damage and reducing injuries caused by fire due to extended time to evacuate. These coatings are getting more attention and their importance in fire prevention becoming widely acknowledged.
- Easy to apply
- Cost effective
- Infused with advanced technology
- Much safer to use than less advanced methods